Not content letting Ryu be the most baffling inclusion in Smash 4‘s roster, Nintendo announced today that Cloud from Final Fantasy VII would be coming to the game as DLC, because fuck it why not. There really isn’t a whole lot to dive into here as everything you need to know is contained the trailer up above, but in case you want want to watch it, here’s a quick rundown of what to expect:
- You can use a variety of limit breaks, with Omnislash being your final smash.
- Midgar will be a stage, contains old school summons as hazards.
- Cloud has a sword, which he can use to cut things.
- Cloud’s hair is also very sharp, though unlike his sword, it cannot be used as a weapon.
- You can dress Cloud up in his traditional FFVII outfit or his outfit from Advent Children, that CGI shitstorm you likely spent the better part of the last decade trying to suppress all memories of.
- There will probably be an Amiibo for this, so you can start dreading the inevitable news of it being a pain in the ass to find.
On that last point, I recently discovered Amiibo hunting videos are a thing, and I’m still trying to figure out if that’s better or worse than grocery unbaggings.